Friday, October 30, 2009

Grits

Good day. For me and hopefully for you. That is.... if there IS anybody out there. Some people dressed up for Halloween today at school; I wore my black cat costume. We had our last season game yesterday. We played the best team in the city and we kept them to four points in the 3rd quarter! Sure... they beat us by twenty, but it's really good for us to be not that far behind them! They usually win by a lot more, and we were missing some of our players. I would looove to beat them in the finals. I think we can do it. We can do it if we play like we did in that 3rd quarter. Our practice after school today was really great. We did lots of "fun drills" and everyone played really well in the scrimmage. We have our first play-off game on Tuesday. It should be easy.
Tonight for supper we had some kind of rice casserole with bacon, egg, peppers, and other miscellanious (sp?) foods, and also beef with a really good sauce. I don't know what grits are, but these chunks of beef/pork reminded me of the word. I think I heard about the word grits in a book one time.... I dont know. All I know is that next time the word comes up I will correlate it with this dish.

No comments: